Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
This book was tremendous! Note how it is fiction and I almost never read fiction. It moved me several times quite emotionally. The book really deals with love on so many levels.
Here are some of my favorite lines from the book:
- Grandma said, "I hope you never love anything as much as I love you. Over." -pg73
- I told her, "Humans are the only animal that blushes, laughs, has religion, wages war, and kisses with the lips. So in a way, the more you kiss with lips, the more human you are." -pg99
- It's not that I didn't trust him, because I did. It's that at the end of my search I wanted to be able to say: I don't know how I could have tried any harder. -pg160
- ...if I'd said, "I'm so afraid of losing something I love that I refuse to love anything," maybe that would have made the impossible possible. -pg216
- He wrote, I'm sorry I know.
It's better to lose than never to have had.
I lost something I never had.
You had everything -pg310
There is so much literary art in this book, it made me believe in fiction again.